Vibrant Graphic and Decorative Films For Any Industry
Improve Your Product's Quality and Appearance...
Griff Decorative Films provides a vast range of custom graphic and writable films through our various capabilities. With options such as iridescent, metal, holographic, lens, transparent, opaque films, and color matching, the possibilities are endless. Furthermore, these graphic and decorative films possess the ability to be printed on through a variety of printing methods including UV, Latex, and (Eco)Solvent. Click on one of our many products below to learn more about how Griff Decorative Films can add “Wow” to your business’s next new product.
- Our machines can extrude transparent clear or colored PVC and Polycarbonate with a 35″ finish
- 30″ & 38″ Width Dies
- Thicknesses between 2mil – 9mil
- 24″ x 300′ Rolls Standard (Longer rolls available upon request)
- Full color matching ability
Industries We Serve
- Building & Construction
- Private Label
- And More!
Applying Vinyl Film:
- Optimal temperature for the application of our films is 70 degrees F.
- Pressure sensitive vinyls may resist sticking immediately to very cold surfaces.
- Do not apply wet. The warranty is voided for wet applications.
- Apply only to clean smooth non–porous surfaces.
Preventing Edge Curl:
- Cut a l” border around images printed with solvent or ecosolvent.
- Edge sealing is recommended – using a fine–tip brush paint the edges of the film with a commercial grade product.
- Outdoor durability will vary depending on finishing and exterior conditions. Use of a UV protective clear coat or over laminate film will extend the outdoor durability. Current rating is up to 5 years pending on environment.
- Use a sharp 45 degree blade at slow cutting speeds with swivel type of cutters. Optimal cutting pressures vary depending on plotter type and blade sharpness. Typical pressure is between 135 grams and 165 grams. Never cut into the printed image.
- Water based inks will not adhere properly. Use only UV inks. Use lower temperatures
- High printer temperature settings can cause the film to expand and contract resulting in tunneling on the release liner. Heavy concentrations of ink, especially ecosolvent inks, will contribute to shrinking and edge curl.
Adhesive used on Griff Decorative Films special effect film products is a permanent type pressure sensitive, water clear, non-toxic acrylic.
Adhesive Thickness: 0.9 +/- 0.1 mil (0.0009 +/-0.0001”)
Adhesive Type: Permanent type Acrylic #123
Adhesive Properties: PSTC-1 180º Peel 1.9 lb/inch
PSTC-7 Shear Resistance 1” x 1” x 1000 grams 63.0 Hrs.
Loop Tack – 2.7 Lb/inch
“Prime” Griff films are coated with a permanent acrylic 123 adhesive for a wide variety of surfaces. This adhesive provides excellent bonding to metal, paper, board, polyester, polyethylene, PVC, polycarbonate, etc. Our adhesive is water clear and resistant to discoloration.
For maximum adhesive performance Griff Decorative Films recommends application of product (shelf-life) within two years of manufacturing; however time spans in excess of three years have been reported with no noticeable decay in adhesion properties.
If Griff’s adhesive is to be removed the following solutions are suggested: d-limonene, Xylene (Xylol) and denatured alcohol.
Caution: Test above solutions on a small unnoticeable portion of the surface to be sure there are no detrimental effects.
Note: All data indicated represents typical values only and are not specifications.
Griff PVC films are provided in a standard thickness of 3 mil (76 microns) and in various widths and lengths.
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ASTM METHODS||UNITS||PRIME FILM VALUE|
|Tensile Yield Strength*||D-638||psi||7,900|
|Izod Notch Impact*||D-256||ft.-lb./in.||1.0|
|Flexural Yield Strength*||D-790||psi||13,500|
|DTUL at 264 psi (18.5 kg/cm2)*||D-648||degrees Fahrenheit||154|
Most printing techniques do not require any surface treatment including screen printing, Ecosolve ink jet,UV curable ink, thermal transfer, hot foil stamping, applying other PS adhesives, flexo printing and offset printing are routinely conducted on Griff products as supplied.
Water based ink jet is not recommended.
As always, it is suggested the decorating technique be tested for suitability.
All of Griff’s offerings are available in an outdoor durable version with a life span of up to 3 to 5 years depending on application. Griff’s Fluorescent colors should be used for short-term exterior application of 6 months or less. Exceptionally harsh UV and wet conditions can shorten exterior life. Interior durability can be considered long-term for most applications.
Rigid PVC films are resistant to strong acids, alkalis, most oils, fats and alcohol. In general, aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, and esters will cause swelling.
Published material and information concerning Griff’s products are based upon research which the Company believes to be reliable, but such material and information does not constitute warranty. Because of the variety of possible uses for Griff’s products and the continuing development of new uses, the Buyer should carefully consider the fitness and performance of the product for each intended use and Buyer assumes all risks in connection with such use.