UV Coater Operator (First and Second Shift)
The UV coater operator will operate UV coating machines and ensure the production of quality goods.
The Position is Responsible For:
- Responsible to assist and on occasion lead in the operations of the UV coater to ensure the machines are running on schedule at company standards. Making necessary changes and set-ups as needed to ensure customer deliveries. This includes and not limited to any coating mixtures, proper roller installed, and UV lamp setting.
- The Coating Machine Operator selects appropriate coatings and prepares them by mixing substances according to formulas. The Coating Machine Operator starts pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
- The Coating Machine Operator needs the skills to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- The Coating Machine Operator starts and stops operations of machines, using levers or buttons. The Coating Machine Operator records operational data on specified forms.
- The Coating Machine Operator will need to assist in loading and unloading the machine. This will require the use of a forklift.
- Make sure machines are properly lubricated and running at proper speeds. Make adjustments or repairs to maintain efficiencies in production or the reduction in waste. Assign employees to other machines if a breakdown occurs.
- Make sure areas of the plant are kept clean and safe. Assign work as needed to maintain.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Competency of Position Requirements:
- The Coating Machine Operator needs the skill to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- The Coating Machine Operator needs the skill to control operations of equipment or systems.
- The Coating Machine Operator needs the skill to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- The Coating Machine Operator needs the skill to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents in order to do their job function properly.
- The Coating Machine Operator turns control dials of machines to regulate speed of coating head, UV lamps, and flow of chemicals that maintain specified coat weight.
- The Coating Machine Operator mixes coating solution to specified recipe and starts equipment to pump mixture into machine reservoir.
- The Coating Machine Operator turns setscrews to adjust distance between coating rollers that control thickness of coating.
- The Coating Machine Operator measures thickness of coating using wet film gauge.
- The Coating Machine Operator starts pump that fills coating machine reservoir.
- The Coating Machine Operator pushes reel lever to rewind coated material into coil.
- The Coating Machine Operator examines coated material workpieces for defects, such as, uncoated surfaces.
To apply, please send your resume to JVogt@PaperandFilm.com. Please put the job title in email subject line. For more career opportunities or to stay connected with us online, subscribe to our newsletter on www.TheGriffNetwork.com or follow us on our social media.
- Paper and Film Products
- Flexible Packaging
- Converting, Coating and Extrusion
- Associate Level
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience in a production setting
- High School education is needed