The slitter operator will operate slitter/rewinder machines for precision converting and ensure the production of quality goods.
The Position is Responsible For:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient setup and operation of slitter/rewinder equipment.
- Must be aware of and adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift and maintain OSHA-regulated certification.
- Must be able to fulfill all pre-run tasks, such as cutting cores and gathering packing materials in a timely manner.
- Responsible for producing quality goods and reporting any nonconforming materials.
- Must be able to complete minor machine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating.
- Communicates machine issues to supervisor and/or maintenance department immediately.
- Must be able to process jobs in the Epicor system. This requires the employee to log into the computer, track their labor hours, and issue material from the system.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Competency of Position Requirements:
Comprehension – Able to understand written instructions & work orders in English
Measurement – Must be able to read measuring devices accurately
Work Consistency – Must be able to set up blades on Slitter cutting section
Must be able to perform material handling duties as in loading and unloading materials on machine
Must know different splicing techniques and how to splice properly
Must understand machine settings by operating dials and switches
Must be quality conscientious and be able to spot defects during slitting process
Must be familiar with the company’s products and be able to identify materials to know what is required for each job
Must make accurate decisions regarding production and waste. Will be responsible for limiting waste.
Must keep work area clean and safe and follow safety guidelines throughout plant
Able & willing to be cross-trained and run multiple machines when needed
Attendance – Must be reliable and on-time on a regular basis
Can operate machinery without supervision
Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
To apply, please send your resume to JVogt@PaperandFilm.com. Please put the job title in email subject line. For more career opportunities or to stay connected with us online, subscribe to our newsletter on www.TheGriffNetwork.com or follow us on our social media.
- Paper and Film Products
- Flexible Packaging
- Converting, Coating and Extrusion
- Associate Level
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience in a production setting
- High School education is needed