Research and Development Chemist
This position entails all aspects of product development and support, including innovation and new product conception/feasibility and formulation preparation, as well as problem troubleshooting and the implementation of differentiating product improvements to our current product line.
The Position is Responsible For:
- Modifying coating products and formulations for specific end-use application
- New product development in fields of fluoropolymer and silicone coatings
- Hands-on formulation for new and existing coating products
- Ensures manufacturability of lab batches and following production batches as needed
- Provide support to development and testing of innovative products
- Utilize both new and existing products to develop solutions for various market applications
- Conduct competitive product evaluations and benchmarking of relevant products
- Evaluate new and existing specialty chemicals and polymers for suitability in development projects support.
- Assist in redesigning of existing products to meet customer requirements
- Identifies new markets for extruder, UV coater, and laminator
- Assist with scale-up of new prototype products including all monitoring and evaluation of field testing prior to final approval and production
- Maintain a high level of awareness of current product and market trends to support product line growth and innovation
- Enhancing and fine-tuning existing functional coatings
Competency of Position Requirements:
- Must have a solid strategic view that positions the business to win in markets
- Results orientation—understands the importance of delivering tangible results and
- Can effectively apply an “outside-in” approach to solutions and opportunities, seeing
through the eyes of the consumer and customer
- Anticipates and manages complex situations
- Understands 80/20 methodology and can drive strong financial results and growth
- Personal composure under pressure
- Balances data, logic, and intuition in decision-making
To apply, please send your resume to JVogt@PaperandFilm.com. Please put the job title in email subject line. For more career opportunities or to stay connected with us online, subscribe to our newsletter on www.TheGriffNetwork.com or follow us on our social media.
- Paper and Film Products
- Flexible Packaging
- Converting, Coating and Extrusion
- Senior Level
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical
Engineering or applicable field.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with core silicone, acrylic, and aqueous chemistries, and performance properties
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on R&D product development.
- Design, testing, and validation process