Cutter Operator Position
Works on Cutting lines ensuring the quality of the product meets customer requirements at efficient levels of production.
The Position is Responsible For:
- Responsible for making sure your machine is running on schedule at company standards. Making necessary changes and set-ups as needed to ensure customer deliveries.
- Responsible for the quality of the finished product as set by the company’s quality program.
- Responsible for marking and identifying all side cuts and making sure they are being used properly.
- Understanding and following safety rules.
- Making sure the machine is properly lubricated and running at proper speeds.
- Making adjustments or repairs to maintain efficiencies in production or the reduction in waste.
- Working with the Maintenance Department to schedule repairs and / or replace parts to ensure production efficiencies and / or the reduction in waste.
- Check machine reports and waste reports for accuracy.
- Making sure your area is kept clean and safe.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Competency of Position Requirements:
- Ability to understand written instructions and work orders in English
- Must be able to perform material handling duties as in loading and unloading materials on machine
- Must be familiar with the company’s products and be able to identify materials to know what is required for each job
- Must keep work area clean and safe and follow safety guidelines throughout the plant
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained and run multiple machines when needed
- Must be reliable and on-time on a regular basis
- Can operate machine without supervision
- Inspects lifting equipment at the beginning and end of each shift
- Ensures material is ready and available in time for each machine and job
- Only delivers quality material to the machines or immediately reports the defect to management
- Capable of reading all measuring devices required to complete job
Please send your resume or email JVogt@PaperandFilm.com for more information. For more career opportunities or to stay connected with us online, subscribe to our newsletter on www.TheGriffNetwork.com or follow us on our social media.
- Paper and Film Products
- Flexible Packaging
- Converting, Coating and Extrusion
- Entry Level
- High school education or equivalent work experience is needed. One to three years work experience in a production capacity.